September 8, 2011

Slow Love Review: Time to stop and smell the roses

Recently I got an opportunity to review the memoir Slow Love for BlogHer Book Club. Slow Love: How I Lost My Job, Put on My Pajamas, and Found Happiness  by Dominique Browning is a book about learning to slow down your life and appreciate all of your surroundings.

In 2007, Dominique Browning lost her job as editor for Home and Garden Magazine and found herself adrift, questioning her purpose in life and her identity without her job. This memoir is how she finds that purpose.

Browning goes through many stages to find new purpose in her life. Her growth takes time, and often she was wallowing in food and drink and poor relationships, which I can completely relate to. I often found myself agreeing with many of her opinions and ideas (seriously, what single woman would want to cook dinner for herself), and felt by the end of the book that Browning was a friend and confidant of mine and was invested in watching her learn to be comfortable with a slower paced life. It really made me wonder if I could ever do the same, and it made me interested in trying to slow down as well. (Oh, who am I kidding? Maybe one day...)

Want to find out more? Please come join in the discussion at Blogher!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails