The ones of these I actually check regularly are Facebook and Twitter. I used to love MySpace , now it seems out of date and clunky, like if I were using a cell phone with no Internet capability. Facebook seems like much more fun, not quite as garish looking (I'm all about simplicity these days, I need it somewhere!) plus it is the perfect spying tool. I love telling the Internet phobic Mr. Bee all about what his friends are up to, before he knows. Then when he complains, I tell him I will set up his facebook account. He quickly shuts up and walks. slowly. away. from the Devil Box.
Even so, there are 10 things that OMG I EFFING HATE about Facebook. Here they are in no particular order. Please don't be offended either, because I have done all of these things to someone at some point. It's the nature of the beast, right?
1.Okay, I do NOT want another plant for my (Lil) Green Patch. I don't want it, and I don't want to save the rain forest by taking part in this
2. Consequently... (Lil) Blue Cove? You are like (Lil) Green Patch's annoying kid sister... "Look, I save the rain forest too! Add me! Add me!" GO AWAY!
3. Also, um, Facebook? If I wanted to be friends with this person, I would friend them. Stop suggesting them! Some of these people you are suggesting, well
4. Please don't tag me in photos where I am drunk, look stupid or have 80's hair. If I do it to myself, fine, but I can't be surprised by it one day when opening my account.
However, if you have pictures of me in overalls, please post. I miss them terribly!
6. People that converse in secret code on Facebook walls. It wastes my time because I always am trying to crack it. Seriously guys, that is what your inbox is for.
you ignored me we didn't talk in High School, I don't want to be your Facebook friend now! Too little too late, my wannabe friend. (Conversely, if we have never talked in real life and I read your blog and/or vice versa, then yeah, I'll be your friend.)
7. Relationship tabs. This could get really awkward. I have seen it firsthand.
9. The Pack Rat Application. Damn you Packrat, you wasted hours and hours of my time making me collect cards. I even added strangers to my Facebook account so that I could collect more cards! You are like a cult that tried to brainwash me, but I escaped, haha!
10. Barack Obama updates. TOO MANY! Cannot deal... must erase.....
Why am I going on and on about this? Well Facebook has a new application for blogs called Networked blogs, and you need 10 readers to claim your blog. I am short by two. Please go say you read me. I want to claim my blog.
What are your biggest pet peeves about Facebook (or any of the above mentioned social networking sites)? Leave it in the comments!
PS I hate blatant self promotion too, I am so ashamed, but "I ain't too proud to beg".
PPS Sorry about the "ain't too proud to beg" reference. Got a little confused by the overalls, thought it was 1992.
*Don't get riled up. I heart the rain forest. I hate the application that lies about saving it is all.