March 7, 2013

Let's Pretend This Never Happened Review

Let's Pretend This Never Happened (A Mostly True Memoir) By Jenny Lawson (aka, the Bloggess) is just as silly, fun and goofy as her blog. I enjoyed every moment of reading this memoir. In fact, often while reading this, I was asked "what is so funny?" by my family. I also was offended, but only mildly so which I'm sure she would consider a win. Some of the stories were so unbelieveable but she had picture to make them up.This book was not only funny, but it had a lot of heart. Caution: the story about Hailey's Birth/Barnaby Jones Pickles are quite tearjerkers, even though they are funny. Also caution: lots of information about taxidermy/ animal parts are in these books. Even though it is presented in a funny way, I did feel squeamish at times. I am kind of a wimp, though- I almost passed out yesterday when Mr. B cut his hand and there was blood.

Disclaimer: after you read this book you will find your inner monologue begins to sound like Jenny's, or at least what I imagine it sounds like.

You can join the discussion about this hilarious memoir at Blogher.


This is a paid review for BlogHer Book Club but the opinions expressed are my own

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails