October 27, 2007

My Labor pt 1

Thursday 10/18- The Calm before the Storm

8:00 am- I go to the bathroom, and I think I may have lost part of my mucus plug. I've never been so excited to see something so gross! Still, I tell myself- it doesn't mean it's happening today, I will never go into labor, and then when I do it will take forever like with Drew.

5:30 pm- I get home from work, go to the bathroom. More of the plug. I am so excited, I decided I better vacuum, just in case.

9:00 pm- Just put Drew to bed when there is a tornado warning. I am so pissed. I go and wake him up and take him downstairs. While we are down there I find his old baby toys and bring them upstairs to wash, just in case.

9:45 pm- Tornado warning is done. We bring Drew upstairs. I tell Shaun about losing the plug, and he blows up our exercise ball, and I bounce on it, while eating pineapple. (Hey it can't hurt, right?)

10:30 pm- Another Tornado warning. I am so pissed. I wake Drew up again and bring him downstairs. Drew thinks the whole thing is funny. Shaun and I joke that I hopefully don't go into labor now.

10/19-D Day

12:00 am- Tornado warning again? We watch the TV, it's going to miss us, no need to wake up Drew.

12:30 am- Finally, the warnings are all done, I can go to sleep.

12:35 am- I go to the bathroom, and see that I am spotting. Another good sign. I lay back down.

12:40-1:15 am- I toss and turn, feeling crampy. Shaun finally comes to bed, and I tell him I think I might have contractions soon.

1:30-3:30 am- I start having contractions. They aren't super strong, but definitely the real thing, I watch our DVR'ed Greys Anatomy and time them, they are 5-6 min apart. I finally wake up Shaun.

3:30- 4:30 am- Shaun and I start timing the contractions, finally they start to get really painful and 4-5 min apart. We call my Mom and she heads over to watch Drew.

5:00-6:30 am- We get to the hospital and they check me, only 1.5 cm dilated. WTF? this really hurts! They decide to observe me for an hour. Shaun and I watch competitive cheerleading, until Shaun falls asleep and then it's just me. Suddenly I feel a gush. Either I peed on myself or my water broke. The nurse confirms when she checks me and my water breaks even more. I am also now 3 cm, and in active labor- they can't send me home.Victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails