May 8, 2008

The Fog is Lifting

I have been in a major funk for the past few days, and I think I've pinpointed some of the reason... my birthday is next Wednesday... I will be 29. I'm not too concerned, except for the last week or so I have been acting like I am 19 again. Just very selfish. I don't know why, I think I just need a break with work and home being so stressful, and having virtually every type of animal try to take residence in our home, Jacob getting 5 teeth at once, and taking on lots of extra work at work, I think my mind just rebelled.

Then today I looked at my children while I was dressing them and something just snapped into place. I just realized, without me they would be lost. They are totally dependent on me to guide them through life, so I need to get my shit together! And, there are no breaks for Moms, so I need to get over myself. (Except maybe Mother's Day, but then you have your Mom to worry about as well).

So hopefully I can maintain that 29-year-old outlook (except on Saturday night when I go out and act like a 19-year-old for a couple of hours- Yay)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails