July 1, 2008

Omigoodness Updates!

Okay, so it has been a long time since I have updated, I just haven't had the time. Even being on my Vacay has not left me enough time as I have been cleaning and preparing the house to go on the market. (Not that it will ever be ready but that's another blog another time.) But here it goes....

Jacob is now crawling, has been for about a month, and he is a crazy man! He gets into everything, way more than Drew ever did. He is now pulling himself up to stand and he is a big boy, he thinks, and needs to get into all the rooms in the house. He is keeping his Mommy very busy. He is eating some regular food, but in that regards he still wants to be a baby and eat baby food, otherwise he chokes! It is really fun scooping stuff out of his mouth because there is slight texture to it. He LOVES cheerios, though, go figure. On a sad note, I think I am nearing the end of my days of breastfeeding. His demand is bigger than my supply and I just can't keep up, even with pumping at work, and so now we are supplementing. I am getting so little pumping, I worry that he might not be getting enough breastfeeding, so I might have to stop altogether, but I will hold onto the morning cuddling feeding as long as I can. It's funny, I am very sad but a little relieved, after all I have been either pregnant or breastfeeding for a total of almost 4 years of my 29 year life, it would be nice to have a little freedom.

Here is a sad attempt at LOL cats dialog. I wuv mah pahtaytos! Like I said, it is not my strong point.



Drew is getting sooooo big and is becoming a great little boy. The issues we have had in the past with his behavior are pretty much over, save a few tantrums here and there. Just this past week he shot up like a leaf, growing tall enough to reach a few new things in the house. He is very talkative and I have learned toddlerease as a second language.

This is my request for Drew to smile with his eyes open, this is what I got.


As for me? Well, I am very busy at work, and I have brought up an idea about having flex time, working 4 days a week for 10 hours. Apparently, certain states like to copy my idea. It's nice in that I get to get stuff done during the week that I normally don't. It's bad in that I never feel like I have enough time for getting all my work done at work. So we will see if I stick to it. I have also started weight watchers, and I hate it, but I hate all diets. It's been a week and I lost 2 lbs, but it's all about portion control, which I suck at so we will see. Also, I am going to Lollapalooza this year. There are some great acts, so it should be a blast. I'm just hoping it is a little mores successful than ladies night, which made me feel too old. (By the way, long story short, I had to pee in the shower because someone in our group managed to clog the toilet with crap while trying to clean up her puke. Lesson learned? Don't drink to blackout drunk, it can cause shower pissing!

And as for the brother love? There is plenty in this house now that Jacob has started crawling. They really are having fun together!

This makes for a happy Mommy, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails