November 3, 2008

Don't Forget!

Here's my plea... everyone, please vote. I have a friend who is very decidedly unpolitical, and she registered and is voting for the first time. I am so proud of her!

So funny story... I went out with my friends to the bar, and a guy came and sat down with us. First thing he said was "What about Obama?" (I'm pretty sure that was how he said it too.)

I said, "Well, we are all pro-Obama." I probably would've said something more intelligent, but I was still confused by his syntax with the question before. "Are you voting for Obama?"

He just shook his head no. "Why?" I asked.

"Well, I don't want to get into it." He said.

"Why did you bring it up then?" I asked.

"I shouldn't have. Never mind."

My friend, my very politically savvy friend, got the smile she gets on her face which I know means I am trying really hard to make you think I don't think you are an idiot, because I think you are an idiot said "No really, why? I am interested to hear."

No response.

She asked "Is it because your parents are Republican?"

He looked cornered. "Yeah, I guess that has something to do with it."

The sad part: he was 25 years old! Please, don't be this guy. Think for yourself. That's all I'm saying.

I guess you know who I am voting for--the badge kind of gives it away. I've tried to steer clear on this topic, only once did I go into a rant. But I really love this blogger's opinions on this.

So I am going to my politically savvy friend's house to watch the election unfold. There will probably be wine, tears and hopefully happiness. Because all we can do is
Hope.

5 comments:

  1. OMG, you remember that guy much better than I do! I just keep picturing a giant mumbling turd sitting across from me.

    Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally knew that was Sarah! 10 pts for me and way to go Sarah! Also, there was a guy dressed as a McCain supporter for Halloween at a party I went to, I think he regretted it because after people were drunk they started being like "you're not really voting for him are you? this is just a joke right?" I was all drunk and pissed because we temporarily lost Keri and I know I gave him the stink-eye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a Republican until I left the house and got a brain for myself...

    Now that I can think... I'm a Democrat. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. for some reason I had linked on my blogroll to but linked to just one post and thought you hadn't updated in forever.

    Anyway, thanks for the link and the kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No Problem Jodi! I always like to give credit where credit is due. And you said much better than I could!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails