November 6, 2008

Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!

Sorry this post is a day late. I have been a little busy at work and at home, and have not had to time say how Happy I am to be able to say that Barack Obama is going to be the next President of the United States.

And for those naysayers and doubters... well I can't wait until he makes you eat your words. A particular comment sticks out in my mind that someone said (or wrote). It's infuriated me, but I will not comment and burn bridges. Must. repeat. this. mantra..... will. not. comment. I will instead focus on the positive. What this means for America and the hope and excitement that 52% of Americans felt on Tuesday night.

Oh wait, I do want to quote someone... my friend who loves to blog on her myspace after too many drinks. I love what she said, it rings so true.

"This is our time as a Nation. This is not all about Barack Obama (though every movement needs a leader). This is the time for everyone who lives in these United States. Those who previously have had their voices at the very least dismissed, at the very worst mocked and threatened.

"It's the answer spoken by young and old, rich and poor, Democrat and Republican, black, white, Latino, Asian, Native American, gay, straight, disabled and not disabled – Americans who sent a message to the world that we have never been a collection of Red States and Blue States: we are, and always will be, the United States of America."- President Elect Barack Obama

Yes, Obama is just a man. He will be human and govern far from perfect. Thank goodness, then, it is not about HIM.

It is about us."

I think I speak for many when I say.... is it January yet?

1 comment:

  1. I already told you I love this:-) One of my favorite parts about yesterday and today was reading all the blogs; everyone (well, that I read anyway!) has been so eloquent and written beautifully about the happiness they feel for the country. These are the greatest of times!! It gives me lots of hope for your boys:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails