January 12, 2009

Reconhecimento


** Today is Delurking Day. Please leave a comment, even if it's just to say hi, in honor of silly meaningful blogging day**

So behind on all of this... I recently received two more awards, an honest scrap award from Julia at Sometimes Lucid, and the Van Gogh's Ear Award from Lucy at Lucy's life in Suburb World. Lucy is incredibly honest and fun, and she wrote the nicest thing about my blog. Lucy, I am honored.

The rules for the Honest Scrap award: The honorees are to: A) first list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep! B) pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.

1. I have a serious passion for Photography. In High School, I won a few awards, and wanted to go to College for it. My father wouldn't let me. He was a great photographer and never made a living with it, and didn't want me to waste my time. Hindsight is 20/20 and now with the digital age I am glad I didn't, although now I wish I could afford to go back and learn about all of the digital developments, so to speak.

2. I have size 10 1/2 feet. This makes buying shoes impossible and not any fun. They don't make size 10 1/2 shoes anywhere.

3. The craziest thing I have ever done was to fly across the country to visit a guy I met on a cruise. When I made the reservation, he had just broken up with his girlfriend, and we weren't dating, but we were "talking". A month before my trip, he got back together with her, and I started dating someone. This made for a VERY awkward trip, but as the tickets were non-refundable... I went and we spent the whole time hiding out from his Girlfriend. (Just so everyone knows... NOTHING happened!)

4. The second craziest thing I have done was travel to Boston to hang out with some other people on same Cruise. I went with my sister this time, and it was THE worst time ever! I would think these are signs... just because you had fun hanging out with people on vacation, it doesn't mean it translates in real life situations. Right, Amber?

5. I have a really good relationship with my Mom. I think it annoys some of my friends, but I like to go out and have lunch with her. She has also never told me how to raise my children, which I think helps. Similarly, I have a great relationship with my MIL. I know, I'm annoying you right now, but frankly, I lucked out in all aspects of my life, this one is no different.

6. I want to be a great writer, but I feel I lack the life experiences needed to be one.

7. Sometimes I have such vivid dreams that I think it is actually reality. I actually made up a story in my head that I thought was true about being sick and getting a lot of shots for a stomach ailment. My Mom and Sister tell me this didn't happen, but I swear I have all these memories of it. I have also had terrible night terrors in the past. I stopped watching scary movies, and I no longer have them.

8. I am fiercely loyal. You have me in your corner, I am going to stay there and fight for you. It's one of my best traits, I think.

9. My negative traits are that I can be vain, obsessive and tend to glaze over what I can't pay attention to. Sometimes it is hard for me to read books due to my tendency to skim. I hate it.

10. I get incredibly excited over awards, nice comments, new followers, new friends. I can't help it, I love to blog so much. I can't believe I have become such a crazy blogger person. Most of my friends and family think I am crazy, but I can't stop!

Okay... this was very honest for me. Here are the seven seriously honest women that I am gifting this to:


Lucy's Life in Suburb World

So you Don't Get any Phone Calls from Me

The Scattered Life of a Tattooed Minivan Mom

My Rambling Thoughts (Even though I think she has this one)

Someday Maybe (I know, NEPOTISM ALERT, but I must hear what my sis has to say!)

Well Behaved Women Barely Make History

Bacon is my Enemy


Oooh, could this award be the fun titles award? I picked out some blogs with some great titles.



For the Van Gogh's Ear award I am giving to one:



Julia @ Sometimes Lucid. I can only bestow the ear on the one that has given me so many awards. Plus, she's funny and nice and likes Zumba.

Also... because you aren't sick of me pimping myself, go head over to The Bloggers Choice Awards and cast your vote for me in Best Parenting Blog and Hottest Mommyblogger categories. (You can search for me under "jannabee2". If you vote for me, let me know, and I will vote for you! (We all deserve a little reconhecimento!)

If you are new to my blog, the post rank widget on the left shows everyone's favorite posts... go check them out!

14 comments:

  1. yeah for awards! I also met a ton of fun people on a cruise. joe and I actually invited them to our wedding the next year. Yeah, none of them came. Good times on the ship though

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 10 things list! You don't need expierence to be a writer--just imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words and I will be posting intimate stuff soon too!

    Size 10 1/2 shoes, yikes! Stop making 'friends' on cruises (lol) I really giggled over the cruise revelations.

    I guess I better get voting:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting, honest stuff.

    I understand where you are coming from about wanting to be a great writer, as I often feel that way myself. But I really think the only experience you need is experience writing, which you can only get by doing it.

    I also have really vivid dreams that I sometimes can't tell apart from real memories. It can be very confusing.

    Yay for loyalty!

    I have a similar problem with attention, where I, um, don't seem to have any attentional capacity when I am bored. Unfortunately, this can apply to reading, conversations, anything really that doesn't hold my interest.

    Congratulations on your awards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Obligatory comment:-) How many fakey bloggy holidays are there?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, I don't get your title...is it a blog thing?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's recognition in Portugese... or spanish. It's what happens late at night when I am trying to be clever.

    And there are a million holidays, along with a million awards, apparently!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, no, that's a cool title then!
    Also forgot to say congrats on your awards. You get mad blogger luv.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaand this is one reason I never go on cruises! hehe
    I also have a tendency to skim while reading. And here I thought it was just me.

    Yay for awards! Lots of satisfying phrasing and shaping of thoughts here; I'll be back. Here, I need to bump you a little higher in my bookmarks list... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not a lurker so I don't think I have to delurk but :waves: just in case!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoying your blog...congrats on the awards! Your husband's post was great,btw. Hilarious and awful about your Med Student puking, but how did you know? Someone had the gall to tell you that after you'd just delivered???

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so honored by this award! I will proudly pass this along!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed this post; we have a lot in common. I have huge feet and a great MIL, too. I love my mom, and my daughter and I (she's 13) are very close :)

    Not sure where i came over from....hmm. I think you commented on A nut in a Nutshell and I thought you looked friendly :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails