April 7, 2009

Crow- it's what's for dinner!

So, my beloved Michigan State basketball team had a bad night last night, and lost the championship game. I was near tears sad to see them lose so spectacularly, and I woke up this morning feeling like I had broken up with a bad boyfriend: sad, but relieved it's all over. I am very proud of the Spartan's wonderful season, and almost everyone is returning next year so I am expecting an amazing 2010 season.

It was fun sparring with you, Lucy, Bookkitten, CDB and Tooj. I can't wait to do it all again next year, even if I am eating crow today! Although, truth be told, I need a rest- the NCAA tournament really tires me out!

Now back to my regularly scheduled programming....


Jacob pooped today, came up to me and said "poop", on two separate occasions, and visibly was uncomfortable with his soiled diaper. Methinks it's time to introduce Jacob to the little boy potty! (For those who might think it's early, Drew was Jacob's age when I introduced the potty and he was potty trained at 2 and 1/2. Although he was ridiculously easy, especially for a boy, to potty train.

Drew is still my sweet little cuddler.

Mr. Bee is suffering today from watching the game last night and then being up at 4:45 am for work. Ouch!

And I am on day 5 of the 30 day shred, and am trying to eat more sensibly. (Not diet.) So more water, less snacks. Trying people. I want to lose 20 lbs before Lollapalooza- which is in 4 months. That's reasonable, right?

The shredding will take me away from the computer more often, so that means less posts, but hopefully better ones, and of course, I will post my Friday Favorites (and some Not Me! Mondays, because I enjoy doing them).

Thanks for sticking around during NCAA time... it will be 11 months before I do it all over again, I promise!

13 comments:

  1. :) It's my favorite time of year, I look forward to doing it all again in 11 months!
    I had my 4 year old boy potty trained by 22 months. Don't listen to anyone who thinks it is too early. Each child is different, and we don't give those little buggers credit for being as smart as they are. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naturally (unlike you,) I am SAD that it's all over, but I am SO very proud of my Tar Heels and what they accomplished. I am sorry it had to come at the expense of your Spartans!

    And as for next year, it will be US eating crow, since all of our players will be gone and only Roy Williams will be out there shooting the ball!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Though I dont have any kiddies of my own (yet!) I did potty train a little boy I was babysitting over a summer when I was like 16 LOL...He was ready, so it was easy. I also think it was easier for me because at the end of the day I got to go home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first son was SO easy to potty train and was done and accident free by the time he was 2 1/2. Hoping the second one will be so easy!

    Thank you for your comments on my blog yesterday-always great to meet another SITSta!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got to start working on training my little one. I don't want him to still be in diapers at 15. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and who was it that won the tourney, oh, yea, my state's team ;-)
    carma

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're waiting only ELEVEN months? Honey, I'm waiting for MIDNIGHT Madness in October! Only six more months for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed March Madness too!!

    Listen to your child and your gut instinct. PERIOD!!!

    Good Luck with the 20lbs. I too have some shedding!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for dropping by my blog.

    Good luck with the shred! I'll keep checking in to see how you do. We can be bulge battle buddies lol.

    I'm now following!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep, that was a heartbreaker. But, still for them to get to the finals, wow, wow, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too have been busy with very little posting.....

    the earlier the better(on potty).....but mine are still in diapers....
    "bee aggressive", "Bee Bee Agressive" (The Bee is for you) =).....I will do the same.

    Hope the Crow doesn't leave a sour taste in your mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sorry your team lost! I thought of you when I found out. Actually, I made it a point to find out since I knew you were pulling for them.

    There is no magic number for potty training, so don't let anyone tell you it is too early. Sounds like J-man is ready for the lesson. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. My condolences on the team loss. You girls really got into it ... it was kind of fun to see!

    And you must have got some improved models when it came to your boys and potty training. My version took it to 3.5 years to attempt pooping in the potty! ; )

    Good luck shredding!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails