1. Perez Hilton: Dude, as if you weren't annoying enough already. You have to go and call someone else a gay slur to "piss them off". This is not the way to show tolerance. I'm not asking you to be a spokesperson for gay rights, but I am asking you not to further perpetuate this slur.
2. Chris Brown: Not even gracing you with a picture with this one. I think this is self explanatory. Moving on....
3. Jennifer Aniston's Love Life: No, not Jennifer Aniston. Of course I love Jennifer Aniston. She's adorable! But I never want to hear another word about her love life. Never. I don't care that she went out on a date with
4.Michael Jackson Songs: Okay, yes, it's sad he died, but guess what? I hadn't listened to his music in about 10 years; neither had anyone else. Give it a rest DJ's.... try to limit yourselves to 10 MJ songs per night, m'kay?
5. Two name combos for couples: Brangelina, Bennifer... why do people think that is fun or clever? If I heard someone using these in real life seriously, I might feel compelled to slap them. For their own good, of course.
6. Jon and Kate: This is sad, people, that people's lives and worse yet, children's lives are being ruined by fame and we are encouraging it by watching. Turn the TV show off, let the ratings slide and let those poor children have a break. Why aren't we holding executives at TLC accountable for letting this monstrosity go on for as long as it has?
7. The Hills and the Real World: Seriously MTV, stop pretending that these shows are real. Own up to the fakeness like Vh1 has. (I can't help it but I heart Rock of Love. At least it owns up to it's own
8. Lady Gaga: Seriously WTF Lady Gaga? I know you think that you are "cutting edge" and avant garde with this getup, but really you are just coming across as misogynistic.
9. MTV: You are called Music Television, yet I have not seen a video on your channel for years! Why don't you just change your name to SRTV (scripted "reality" television)?
And finally, last but not least.....
10. Elmo: Darn Elmo, you are so over played that my little boy thinks everything RED is Elmo. I think you must have some sort of hypnosis in you vocal cords designed for children 2 and under. It's just wrong how much they love you!
Whew! Now that I got THAT off of my chest it's your turn. What things would you like to see disappear out of our pop culture lexicon?
Check back to see if I commented on your comment, I'd love to hear what's bugging you!