January 27, 2011

Mr. Six

Dear Drew,

Today you are six. I know it's a cliche, but it feels like it was just yesterday that I walked waddled into the Hospital to deliver you. I remember that I had no idea what to expect and I was so nervous. I still didn't know what to expect when I held you for the first time. The only thing I knew was that I loved you. I would sing to you and hold you and get teary eyed because I loved you so much. You were and are my sweet little boy.

Now that you are six, your tastes have matured so much. You love science and building things and nature. You amaze me with your intricate buildings, and your scientific reasoning. Your favorite show is Mythbusters, and you remember every detail of every experiment they complete. Even though you love Mythbusters and science shows, you will watch Fireman Sam with your brother because you love him, and maybe because it is a little funny. You will often spend a lot of time going crazy and running around, that is when you are not putting your Daddy or your Nana and Papa to task for cleaning (you are the best supervisor).

Sometimes you get so frustrated, and I see so much of me in you at those times. Try not to let that anger get the best of you.

Sometimes you get a little nervous around other children, I also see so much of me in you at those times too. Don't worry, they will like you. Your best friends are your cousins, "T" and of course, your little brother, Jacob. Jacob loves you and looks up to you so much, thank you for being such a good role model for him.

Thank you for being my cuddle buddy, my silly boy who always has a smile for me, and who can charm even the grumpiest soul. We love to bake cookies, read Shel Silverstein and Harry Potter, and watch movies together. Even when we argue, you always tell me that you love me. I am so lucky, such a lucky Mama. I hope we are always close.


Love, Mommy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails