February 19, 2012

The Results are In

Okay, so I had my ultrasound and it's a perfectly healthy.....













Boy! Yep, I remember all of those people who I felt sorry for who had 3 boys. Obviously they wanted a girl and were cheated 3x out of them. Now I am one of them. I am sad to lose that dream (and believe me, it's gone, I will not go through a 4th pregnancy) but there is really nothing I can do about it. I won't lie, I do feel a little resigned, a little tired by the news (seriously, if this boy is like my crazy Calamity Jake....) but I already love the little guy so much, I can't be too disappointed. (Although I did feel like I disappointed others who really thought-or at least hoped for my sake- it was a girl.) I am so relieved the little guy is healthy too, since this was my first ultrasound with him.

So yeah, that's my stance, a little disappointed but completely in love with my little guy. The disappointment will fade and I won't feel it when he is born, just excitement, happiness and love. Truly we are blessed. I can't believe this girly-girl will be dealing with snakes, toads, dinosaurs and mud forever. I believe that is what the universe calls "balance".

Plus, when I am out with Mr. B, he gets bathroom duty forever. That is pretty awesome.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails