Today Drew was not feeling well. He woke up in the middle of the night crying, and this morning he puked up bile on my leg (fun!). So I have both boys alone today, again. How am I writing this, you may ask? Well, because somehow I got them both to take naps at the same time. I know, anyone who knows Drew knows this is as close to a miracle as you get. Before you start applauding me, let me tell you- I am not proud how I accomplished this feat. I put Drew in his room, kicking and screaming, put a pillow and comforter by the door, and shut it. He eventually (read 10 min of crying) fell asleep. I know, I am an awful Mom, but the boy needed rest! Just like he needs vegetables which he refuses to eat. If I didn't force these things he would die of scurvy and sleep deprivation. It again confirmed what I already know:
- I am glad I am going back to work
- A 2 year old is more work than a newborn
- Drew is more work than many 2 year olds
- I am unable to function with 2 children on 2 hours sleep
- I know why stay at home Moms of 2 stay so thin, there's never time to eat.
- I need a vacation
So I must say, bravo, stay at home parents of more than one child. You rock.