Thank you everyone for all of your kind words and reassurance about this. I'm glad I could say my peace. On that note, if you comment on my blog, I might go over to your blog and click on an ad or two. What can I say, reading nice people's blogs makes me want to shop (or at least get them more adsense revenue- I am up to $1.50 for my blog! Woo hoo.)
Okay, so I told two of the aforementioned very nice bloggers, The Bush Family and The Rambler, that I was going to take part in this activity of naming 7 weird things about myself. Here we go (in reverse order, although I don't think any of them are ranked as more weird than the other).
7. I talk to myself a lot. I mean A LOT. I also complain to myself a lot. I've heard it's a sign of intelligence- don't judge!
6. My favorite movie of all time is Weird Science. I heart skinny Michael Anthony Hall. Plus you have Robert Downey Jr. in it too, whom I heart as well.
5. Okay, so I've used this one before but it still holds true. People used to tell me I looked like Claire Danes (How they would tell me is something like this: "omigod, you look just like that girl from My-So-Called-Life!") and it annoyed the crap out of me. Now I wish someone would tell me that. So what do you think? Is it true? This picture is 8 years old, which is my excuse for weird boob-pocket shirt/white tank ensemble. Hai everybodee, here is mah boob- oh wait, it's hiding behind this pocket where I keep mah spare change! We all make fashion mistakes. At least I am wearing a tank under it I guess.
4. Whenever I watch anything scary, I have to put my feet up. I am always worried that someone is going to slash my heel tendon, thanks to the movie Pet Semetary. Even talking about it now gives me the heebie jeebies and makes me want to put my feet up.
3. My sister and I used to HATE cleaning up dishes, so much so that we would have water fights, mashed potato fights, whipped cream fights any time that we could INSTEAD of cleaning up.
2. I love warm pickles. I will open a jar of pickles just so I can eat a ton before they go into the refrigerator. (I know it doesn't compete with pickle and peanut butter sandwiches, but it's all I've got!)
1. I hate all hot or lukewarm beverages. Coffee, Tea, Red wine, Hot Chocolate? Yuck! Give me a Diet Coke at 7 am any day.
Gosh, I am sorry I am so boring!
Now on that note, I am going to challenge everyone to name 7 weird things that happened to them yesterday! Here are mine:
7. Drew has decided that our main bathroom is the "girls" bathroom and our master bathroom is a "boys" bathroom and only wants to use the "boys" bathroom, and throws a fit about using the "girls" bathroom. He keeps citing his Pre-K room having a "boys" and "girls" bathroom as evidence of this truth.
6. Shaun told me he wants a "moist" cake for his birthday. Um first of all, hate the word "moist". It conjures up a lot of images I don't want to have about cake. Second of all- eff you honey! Like I would intentionally make a dry cake. I told him if he is so concerned maybe his Mom should make the cake since I hate making cakes.
5. Jacob was up at 3am, 4am, 5am last night, waking up for good at 5am. He had a fever, but he doesn't have it now. I love unexplainable fevers.
4. It's been 188 days since I've used Wii fit, and today I used it and I'm better at it than I was when I was using it religiously. Running after Jacob must be keeping me in better shape than I thought!
3. Jacob did not nap. It was a rough day at our house.
2. My Mom is still hemming and hawing (how old does this phrase make me? 80?) about watching the kids overnight for Shaun's birthday (a big surprise I was hoping to plan). My Mom does read this so- Mom tell me yes or no! But don't leave me hanging!
1. I got so spooked thinking about Pet Semetary that I came out here and typed this instead of sleeping. Not only is that weird, but it also makes me weird as well, so really this could qualify for both lists!
Now I challenge whoever is up to this, to do one list or both lists. Just let me know if you do!