June 29, 2009

Not Me! Monday! Drew-ism Edition

Ahh.... 4 year olds. They do NOT say the funniest things sometimes. Drew was NOT particularly funny this week either. Here are some things Drew did NOT say this week:


My name is Drew. I am four and I was made in heaven. (Okay, uh, not exactly Drew!)

I know, I am always a good boy. (His response after I told Drew good night and said he was a good boy that day.)


Daddy and I are going to take that land and turn it into a garbage dump. (Pointing to land on a corner of a busy intersection. I am sure everyone would like that.)

We are saving our money and other people aren't making money. (When asked how we would purchase said land. Unfortunately with a 12+% unemployment rate, that statement maybe closer to the reality than we think.)

I am four and I am almost an adult. I can do what I want. (Sigh. Our little teenager in training! Maybe we should stop talking amongst ourselves about how he is getting so old.)

I was so young then. I wish I could be that young again, {sigh}. (While looking at a picture of himself as a baby.)


This blog carnival was created by MckMama. Go head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.


8 comments:

  1. Phew, it takes me forever to get the comment thing working, anway! As a mom with a 4 year old, I know that you can probably fill a book with your Drewisms. Mine's favorite statement when I want her to try a new food is "I use to like that a long long time ago when I was a baby, mommie. I can't like that anymore."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cute! I'll bet he's a mess & you are gonna have fun, fun when he becomes a teenager!

    Popping over from SITS to visit and say hello - you were on roll call right ahead of me today. Hope your day improves!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the silly things 4 year olds say (if not the actions that they do). My favorite and exasporating things mine says (even though she just turned 5) is "I'm BIG. I do it BY MY SELF".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, you have a budding little entrepreneur! Corner garbage dumps? Buying land? It's time to enroll Drew in a real estate licensing course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! Those last two just crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. my 4 year old is also fascinated with being grown up! :) so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so loved this! Aren't they the funniest things ever? I was so cracking up over this!

    My son was having a "wistful" moment like yours the other day. He was remembering something that happened maybe a year ago and said "that was ages ago." and let out a big sigh. Yes... Little One, you've been around a looooooong time.

    And his plans are for all of us to grow up and be scientists together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a little notebook that I carried in my purse at all times to write down the things they said....but I've since misplaced it. I need to get another in there. :) Thanks for the laughs...keep the ISMs coming.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails