November 30, 2009

Not Me Monday: Birthdays and Bitching Edition


I did NOT totally break my diet all Holiday Weekend, and use the weekend as a gimme. I also did NOT drink lots of wine and beer... I did NOT secretly count up the calories in my head as drank, and try to burn that many calories off at the gym this week, I am so NOT becoming an obsessed gym rat!

I did NOT laugh hysterically when I lit a scented candle in my house and Jacob, my two year old, ran in the room and cried out "It's my birthday!"and pointed to the candle. I did NOT chuckle about this all weekend.

I did NOT go out on Black Friday and shop. I am NEVER concerned with saving money. I will also take this time to say how thankful I am to be done working retail. I do NOT miss it, and that is the truth! While shopping on the busiest shopping day of the year, I did NOT buy the cutest sweater for my four year old son that I fell in love with because it had Moose on it. I also did NOT want to pluralize Moose in that last sentence and am not fighting the urge to write "Meese".

I did NOT throw a fit about my husband not being in the Holiday spirit, only to freak out later that night when a gift I was supposed to wrap went missing. I so do NOT hate wrapping presents so much. (Why was I wrapping so early? Well, I did NOT run out of hiding places in my ridiculously cluttered house.)

Also, I am NOT in the Christmas spirit. I did NOT download a bunch of Christmas songs onto my Ipod on Saturday and listen to them on repeat. My favorite is not Mele Kalikimaka because of the movie National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

I am so NOT looking forward to the weekend again. I was NOT dreading going back to work after a four-day weekend, nope, NOT at all!

So those are my NOT me's after the long and food filled Holiday Weekend, what are some of yours? Also, what is your favorite Thanksgiving dish? Mine is my Mom's Stuffing, er, Dressing (It's dressing if she doesn't put it in the bird, right?) She makes it with sausage and it's delicious.

This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails