September 16, 2011

Jumbly goo

I so want to write a post about how awesome my child free trip was, and it was awesome. Reallllllly good food and beverage, ridiculous hard, completely uphill 5k, and great talks with my sis.... oh and these pics which you have all seen if you are friends with me on Facebook, (I am all into recycling):

Before 5k-Yes I know my # is on upside down, I fixed it.

All uphill and steep! This pic doesn't even capture it.

Me in my favorite.dress.ever. at my favorite winery.


Love my sis!
If you ever get a chance to go to Traverse City, do it. It's absolutely gorgeous, the food and wine is amazing, and it's just a chill spot for adults. If you like wine or food or golf or pretty things you won't be disappointed. For dining, I would recommend:

Trattoria Stella
Jolly Pumpkin
Poppycocks
Peninsula Grill
Scotts Harbor Grill

I don't think there is a way you can go wrong at any local place as long as you order fish and local wine/beer. Seriously, if you go there and eat at a Subway, you should just walk your ass back home. Just sayin'.

Anyway... I would write more but I am in the midst of closing out a chapter in my life and moving on to the next. I officially got my walking papers- my organization is caput on October 1st. This is the first time I have ever been laid off. It's sad, yet freeing in a way- I know my life is going to get so much less stressful The good news is that my office is flexible enough that they were okay with me bringing my 3 year old son to work for the next 3 weeks so that I can have him in part time preschool and save a little money.

Of course, this has made my life really hectic and tiring. I mean obviously. The boy has the attention span of a gnat.

Also, totally unrelated, but it has been so cold and we still are stubbornly refusing to turn on the heat yet! It's only September dammit! It was 60 in our house this morning. I was frozen and am just starting to thaw now.

Happy Friday everyone! If you live in the Midwest I must ask: Is your heat on yet? Also- when are you going to visit Traverse City? (Fall Foliage= beautiful!) I would go back this weekend if I had a babysitter and was less fiscally responsible. Man, sometimes it sucks to be a grownup.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails