September 21, 2007

I hate everyone- including you

I'm glad I have been pregnant before. Because I have been pregnant before, I can remember how utterly insane I get during the last month of pregnancy. I am a total bitch. There is no way around it. I really don't know exactly what hormonally happens to me, but every one and every thing suddenly gets labeled as "the most annoying thing in the planet". For example, this morning I followed someone who had the nerve to go the speed limit all the way down Mt. Hope rd. How dare they do that, didn't they know I was running late? Then they actually go straight, and don't turn at the light as I need them to. When I get out of my car, 5 min late, the sun is too bright, the trucks are too loud, and the stairs are too steep. When I sit down in my chair, my phone rings. How dare they call me, don't they know I just got here?

All of this doesn't help when you have a 2 1/2 year old who just realized that he needs to start experiencing his terrible twos. At first, when he started hitting and spitting on me, I took it personally. I tried reasoning with him, time outs, and even crying (lots of crying). Now I am just ignoring it. Drew's better off if I just ignore the (literally) 40 tantrums then if I try to correct the behavior. Because I AM NOT A NICE PERSON RIGHT NOW, and I don't want to take that out on him. No, unfortunatly, that is saved for Shaun right now, him and anyone who is on the road with me.

Some other things that annoy me:

People that try to give me advice when I just want to vent.

Women that love being pregnant. Shut up. You can't possibly love this all the time.

Women that don't miss drinking when they are pregnant. Good for you, maybe you can hold my uterus while I drink a bottle of sweet precious bud light.

People talking to me at daycare when I am in a hurry to drop Drew off. Time is money, people.

Shaun working late.

Shaun working on the weekends.

Shaun golfing on the weekends.

People voicing their opinion on possible name choices. I didn't ask for it, so why are you telling me? If you didn't like the shirt I was wearing would you tell me? Not unless you are a rude bitch. It's our decision, not yours.

Having so much to do and very little energy.

Trying to get Drew to put his toys away.

Our carpet. It's so dirty.

Cooking.

Cleaning.

Trying to sleep.

Spencer on the Hills.

The American version of "Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares". Not.... the.... same.... at all.

Watching so much TV when I should be cleaning.

Cleaning when I want to watch so much TV.

Braxton Hicks Contractions. They do hurt.

Getting weighed at the doctors.

My ankles.

Trying to pick out cute maternity clothes every day.

Radiator heat.

Temper tantrums.

The fact that Drew can open child safety gates. Seriously, what is he, Houdini?

When my ipod pauses for no reason in the car.

Shaun leaving his boxers, socks, what have you, on the floor. Lazy husband.

People asking me how I feel. I feel awful 90% of the time. But that's not what people want to hear.

My son (actually both of them- the one inside and the one outside) kicking me all the time.

Drew saying "I don't love you" and refusing to kiss me when I get home.

Friday afternoons- why isn't it 5 already?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails