April 3, 2008

Pat Myself on the Back Time

Okay, so today I did something for myself. I stood up for me. I said what I thought and what I have been meaning to say for a long time. I was assertive and I got the job done. I was petrified of dealing with this issue, but I followed through and managed to not get emotional about it, and what do you know, something positive happened from it. I was straightforward, honest, and dare I say it? Brave. And I pretty damn proud of myself for doing so.

Those of you that know me well know what I am talking about.

It only took (almost) 29 years, a marriage, two children and a mortgage, but I am finally growing up.

Yay me!

Okay, maybe not THAT grown up, but who wants to be THAT grown up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails