August 1, 2010

Day 2- My Favorite Movie

For my favorite movie, I must name two movies, because for every sweet there is a sour, every yin has a yang, you get the idea. So I must include my favorite movie that makes me cry and makes me laugh.

My favorite sad movie is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. In this movie, directed by the ever so amazing/weird/genius/strange work of Charlie Kaufman, who wrote Adaptation and Being John Malkovitch. Jim Carrey plays Joel Barrish, a man who has a procedure done to erase all of the memories of his ex, Clementine (Kate Winslett- Love her!) to get over their breakup. In the course of one night, she is erased from his memories. This movie is heartbreaking, beautiful and trippy all at once, and Jim Carrey is subtle, yet amazing in it. Even if you are not of fan of his, I think you would be impressed with him in this role. For all his eccentricities, the guy is a great actor.



My favorite Movie that makes me happy is Anchorman. Yes, it's stupid, very, very stupid. It is also the most quotable movie, and the first time I saw it I thought I was going to have a heart attack from laughing so hard. Will Ferrel is an acquired taste, but to me, he is a genius! If your disagree, I might call you a smelly pirate hooker. Just sayin'.




Thank you to Sass over at Secret Life of Sass and Lex for the great idea of a 30 Day Blog Journal. From one Mrs. Bee to another (yep, they are Bee's over there as well), thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails