January 4, 2011

2010 Recap

I lifted this off of Mommy Melee, who got it from Linda from All & Sundry for the inspiration.

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?


I raised a puppy. The first time I have owned a puppy, and it was very challenging. There is definitely a steep learning curve. In some ways, a baby was easier! I donated my hair, which I have wanted to do forever. I also finally ran (okay jog-walked, mostly jogged though) a 5k.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I didn't really make any resolutions, although the 5k and the donating hair were on my bucket list, so I am proud of that.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Yes, people close to me are also pregnant. I am very happy for the new Mommy and Mommies-to-be. I'm also happy to NOT include myself in this.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

No, thankfully, although a lot of distant friends' parents died, which just freaked me out. I don't know what I would do without my parents.

5. What countries did you visit?

USA only. I wish I had traveled. I would have liked to visit Italy this year....

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?

LESS STRESS. Much less stress. More dates with my husband. More time with friends, and more traveling!

7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

January 5th- I picked my Puppy up from the airport. Pretty exciting and nerve wracking for me.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Definitely my 5k and donating my hair. I wish I could say more. I got another child out of diapers! Oh yeah, I navigated selling on craigslist, which was nerve wracking for me, and we began to turn our basement from baby storage into playroom/wrappingroom/workshoproom.

9. What was your biggest failure?

Easy. I stopped working out and eating healthy (again- STRESS). Too much drinking. Too much Internet shopping.

I also think I could've been a better Mother/Pet Owner. I had a short fuse this year which I am not proud of (again STRESS related).

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Not me, but my poor baby broke his foot!

11. What was the best thing you bought?

My window curtains for my floor to ceiling window. Seriously, I am that boring. I was just telling my husband how I love them. This is our first year with them, until now we had no privacy and drafty windows. Yay for the kids getting older (the first year we could even attempt this with Jacob.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Our family has been pretty whiny and stressed out this year. This is a weird question. I'm sure at some point I've been proud and disappointed in everyone this year.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

Ugh... this is so easy, and yet I plead the 5th (STRESS).

14. Where did most of your money go?

Medical bills, CHILDCARE.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Lollapalooza, and then I decided not to go. Next year, I hope!

16. What song will always remind you of 2010?

F*** you, by Cee-Lo.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

a) happier or sadder? Sadder
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter
c) richer or poorer? Richer

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Oh how I wish I had worked out more. I was so busy with the puppy, it made it almost impossible. Still, I should have done it.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Stress out. There is a continuing theme here!

20. How did you spend Christmas?

I spent it with my family, who chose to sleep in until 8:45am on CHRISTMAS DAY! What?!? I was up at 8am.

We high-tailed it to my parents after the Santa Gifts and our family gifts were opened where we opened more presents and I gorged myself on my Mom's awesome cooking (cheesy potatoes, fillet, apple pie). I made myself absolutely sick. Then we came home and put the kids to bed, and I watched Eat, Pray, Love and put together/cleaned up toys. It was about then that I realized I took no pictures of Christmas.

The children loved everything they were given and loved opening presents, even ones that were not theirs. I loved that they had such joy surrounding the Holiday, although I will try and keep pushing the meaning of the Holiday as one that is about family, not presents.

21. Did you fall in love in 2010?

Towards the end of the year, I fell in love with blogging again. I also fell in love with our puppy.

22. What was your favorite TV program?

Community
Modern Family
The Office
Vampire Diaries
True Blood

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

Nope. No new grudges, just my old existing ones.

24. What was the best book you read?

Can I say the Hunger Games Trilogy? I ate that up, and it haunted me afterwards.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs... I'm sad I saw Tool instead of them at Lolla two years ago.

26. What did you want and get?

A netbook.

27. What did you want and not get?

A new kitchen.

28. What was your favorite film of this year?

Inception.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

This is funny. I took the day off and went out to lunch and a movie by myself. I know it sounds weird, but I had such a wonderful time. It was so peaceful. Then I went out with the kids and my parents and Mr. B to an Italian restaurant. 31.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Change. I need a change!

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?

Summer: Flip flops. Winter: Cardigans and my rainbow scarf. I dress to impress. Jeans everyday.

32. What kept you sane?

Family. My sister and SIL chats and IMs. Long walks. Days off by myself. MUSIC. Date nights with Mr. B. Dinner and movie nights with my friends. Cuddling with the boys. Vacations with my family.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

I just love James McAvoy and I miss him in movies! When is his next one coming out?

34. What political issue stirred you the most?

There is a lot that stirred me. Let's just say I am not happy being a Red state.

35. Who did you miss?

I miss my friends who have moved away. I miss them terribly- Kristy, Emily, Laura especially.

36. Who was the best new person you met?

I don't have any new person that I have met specifically, but I enjoyed getting to know/getting closer to my sister in law this year.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming....

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

Change your heart, look around you
Change your heart, it will astound you

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails